The last time this extra curricular event ran (either last semester, last year, or in the past) the following was the events and assessment at that time:
2016-2017: Multimedia Gamer’s Club:
- Week 1: We met for the first time and discussed the direction of the club, as well as doing a survey on interests in the club
- Week 2: We discussed a schedule of events (see calendar below) and planned a game tournament for next week. The students also organized an optional communication group through an app called Telegram – students have the option of joining the group by emailing Mr. Wachs who will forward a message to the group organizer (Mr. Wachs himself is not part of the group, and participation is entirely optional)
- Week 3: Students organized a “Super Smash Brothers – WiiU” gaming session using casual turn taking
- Week 4: This week was the first opportunity for students interested in game development to meet and discuss several aspects of how the club could meet in this regard. Students planned activities (notes in the link above)
- Week 5: This week the club met twice, first to play Mario Kart on Wii (in room B3), and then for the second time to discuss game development and what roles members can take on, and what goals the members wish to accomplish. Decisions on this were tabled until the next meeting next week (notes in the link above)
- Week 6: This week the club continued our discussion on game development by further planning a course of action towards making a game, including looking at this web reference. The club also planned for a game playing meeting next week (notes in the link above)
- Week 7: The week before the club had organized a “Soul Calibur on XBox 360” gaming session, but unfortunately this did not happen and the event was cancelled. The club also planned for a game development meeting next week
- Week 8: This week the club met once (twice informally) to discuss game development and started signing up for roles and deciding on the type of game to develop. The club also planned for a game development meeting next week
- Week 9: The club met twice this week, both time discussing game development. The club assigned leaders and began developing a story line for the game. The club also planned for a game development meeting next week
- Week 10: The club met once this week and continued discussing the game they had envisioned. Frustration on not getting any further has make the club decide to change plans next week with a more teacher structured game example and a day of playing games.
- Week 11: The club met twice this week, the first time was scheduled to play game- but unfortunately, was canceled (student forgot to bring in console). The second time, the group met to start a game making demonstration with Mr. Rogawy using Adobe animate and ActionScript coding.
NOTE: The game club is on a hiatus for the next 3 weeks, due to exams and the start of the second semester! It will resume next on Thursday, February 16th
- Week 12: Only one student showed up for this weeks meeting – so the club was cancelled this week.
- Week 13: We did not meet this week
- Week 14: We did not meet this week
- Week 15: The club met this week to discuss how to restart the club and what direction it will now take
- Week 16: The club restarted with a more directed purpose making a “breakout” game with club members doing design and engineering
- Week 17: The club met and started engineering (coding) our game “Brickbreaker” based on plans and ideas set out the week before (see updated club notes), and agreed to meet again next week (Wednesday) to work on designing the game.
- Week 18: The club continued working on our game “Brickbreaker” with both engineering and design.
- Week 19: The club tried to meet this week but attendance was too low to move forward, the club will try again next week.
- Week 20: We did not meet this week
- Week 21: We did not meet this week
- Week 22: We did not meet this week
- Week 23: We did not meet this week
- Week 24: We did not meet this week
- Week 25: We did not meet this week
- Week 26: We did not meet this week (the school year is now completed)