This page is to highlight the achievements of past and some current students in all my courses. It is divided into sections:
- Alumni Survey (answers to questions and the analytics results of what they said)
- Alumni Testimonials (written words and links to alumni content)
- Alumni Pictures (slideshow of alumni then and now)
- Alumni Videos (recorded testimonials of alumni and the advice they give)
- Alumni Guest Lecture Series (recorded Computer Science lecture topics)
- If you ARE an alumni of Mr. Wachs’ class from the past and you have the time, please fill out this survey!
- See the analytics (results) of this survey here!
- And consider writing a testimonial on this page!
These links are in no particular order and highlight any student who was in one of Mr. Wachs’ classes at some point in time.
- Online programming resume by a former Computer Science student of Mr. Wachs (and school valedictorian for Sturgeon Heights)
- A letter for new programmers – written by a former I.B. Computer Science student
- Programming blog from a former I.B. Computer Science student
- A Game Development blog from a former I.B. Computer Science student who now teaches at the University of Manitoba in the department of Computer Science
- A simple to use graphics, media and input library developed by a former I.B. Computer Science student currently working on his doctorate of Computer Science
- Former I.B. Computer Science graduate who won the “World Series of Hack” put on by Mozilla on a co-op placement at the University of Waterloo – see the video here
- Personal website of a former I.B. Computer Science student, and in a sense an online resume
- Article written by former I.B. Computer Science student for the University of Manitoba’s student newspaper (The Toban) on the new digital image you present called “Sell yourself professionally, digitally“
- Computer Science graduate student (and my former I.B. Computer Science student) currently teaching the Introduction to Computer Science course at the University of Manitoba has a home page
- The University of Manitoba has held a high school programming contest the last 5 years, and Sturgeon Heights has placed in the top 2 schools in Manitoba almost every year, and has placed first for 3 of the 5 years. More detailed results can be found here
Guest Lecture Series
These videos were recorded live over video conferencing to Mr. Wachs’ students to share their expertise in specific topics. The playlist of all of these guest lectures can be found here
- Software Design Patterns – Qail Mukhi (link to the presentation)
- Careers in Business Analysis and Software Development – Melissa Kendall (link to the presentation and survey shown)
- Designing software in machine learning and AI in industry – Aron Hofer